Monday, January 23, 2012

Satin/Lace Applique Flowers


I had a blast making these applique flowers. I layered Satin then lace and embroidered over it. I love the sophisticated look it gave to these embroidery designs. I also couldn't resist throwing in some handmade flowers with a matching button for a center. The gray fabric is moleskin and it was tough to work with, the fabric was stretchy and kept puckering. I had to take apart the zipper part 4 times. Next time I will use some woven interface to keep it from stretching. I am extremely happy with the result and so was my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rescuing an American girl doll and her wig/hair

So we rescued/adopted an American girl doll, Rebecca, off of Craig's list and she wasn't in all that bad of shape.  She was dirty an...