Friday, August 1, 2014

Tea party dresses for my daughter and her American Girl

We are going to visit the American Girl store in NYC next weekend and I really wanted my daughter to have a great dress with a matching one for her doll without spending an arm & a leg.  I found this pattern free online by joining the the group The Cottage Mama Pattern Group on facebook.  It was a great tutorial and a quality dress!  Only step I did differently was use my ruffler foot, I set the top lever to 1 and the bottom one to 4 and it was a perfect fit.

Then I made the doll dress from allthingswithpurpose.com's pattern with the cottage mama's tutorial.  Only thing I would change next time is to make the bodice a bit bigger, it was pretty snug to pull on.  I also used the ruffler foot here with the top lever at 6 and the bottom at 4.  It wasn't a perfect fit but I was able to just scrunch it in no problem!  My daughter was thrilled, now she wants one for her bitty baby!!
Here is the link for the doll dress:

http://allthingswithpurpose.com/2013/01/basic-dress-pattern-for-american-girl-dolls/






No comments:

Post a Comment

Rescuing an American girl doll and her wig/hair

So we rescued/adopted an American girl doll, Rebecca, off of Craig's list and she wasn't in all that bad of shape.  She was dirty an...